Summer 2024 Software Engineering Internship (Remote)
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 40 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
Internships are an integral part of our culture at Raptor Maps. We host cohorts of diverse interns every summer that oftentimes come back as full time team members the following year. Come join us in our fight against climate change and have fun doing it!
We hire interns for web application, robotics and machine learning roles. Exact responsibilities vary based on role type and team. Some potential responsibilities include:
Develop and deploy new web application features
Contribute to UI design system
Troubleshoot and resolve application issues
Contribute to the training, evaluation and deployment of machine learning models for computer vision applications
Analyze and curate datasets for machine learning tasks
Design and implement navigation algorithms for robotic applications, such as path planning and obstacle avoidance
Design and implement HCI for command and control of robotic applications
Internship Program Details:
Anticipated Start Date: May 20
Anticipated End Date: August 16
Location: Remote, Boston Preferred
Recruiting Process: Interviews will begin in February
- Intellectual curiosity - You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology. You quickly become interested and experiment. You ask silly questions by nature.
- Intelligence - You can learn anything if you put your mind to it. You’ve demonstrated excellence in diverse fields or interests.
- Drive - You are highly self-motivated and enjoy making an impact. You’re focused, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a driven team.
- Interest in climate tech
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and just generally getting out and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.