Account Director - Enterprise Sales (Remote)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, November 8, 2022
About Raptor Maps
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 45 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our fast expanding growth team at the helm of accelerating Raptor Map’s impact in the market. We are customer-centric and passionate about delivering big results for customers.
Account Directors are responsible for successfully supporting and selling into our top accounts across several verticals in the solar PV industry, including but not limited to Owners, Asset Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Original Equipment Manufacturers, Developers, Financiers, and Operations & Maintenance. This role is designed for the hunter sales persona with a core focus on generating and executing new business, but also requires skills in account management to enable commercial expansion with and value delivery to existing customers.
Raptor Maps synthesizes, centralizes, and standardizes solar data from a variety of sources, from drones to in-field sensor & production data. You will be a master of presenting the Raptor Maps value proposition to domestic and international solar companies.You will partner closely with the VP of Enterprise Sales and other members of the Sales & Marketing team to exceed growth targets and contribute to the overall success and of the company.
A successful candidate will be hard working, highly motivated, comfortable speaking with customers, and eager to become an expert in how Raptor Map’s delivers value to the market.
- Leading customers and prospects across the full sales lifecycle including research and outreach, discovery and learning, value proposition development, and contract/commercial negotiation
- Contribute strategy and ideas to advance our company’s growth and impact
- Become an expert in Raptor Map’s solutions and the competitive landscape
- Contribute to the company’s collaborative culture and mission of scaling the solar industry
- 3-5 years of enterprise SaaS sales experience, within energy and/or renewables a plus
- Hard working with exceptional communication skills
- Commercially thoughtful and eager to solve customer business problems
- Excited to learn new ideas and approaches within a fast-changing startup environment
- Enthusiasm for working in a team environment and managing a demanding workload
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Healthcare with dental and vision options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our Series B!