Canopy is an early-stage startup building a "climate benefits" platform. Our mission is to partner with businesses to cut the 35% of total US emissions from residential cars and homes. We help employers provide and/or subsidize climate-friendly technology for employees like EVs, e-bikes, renewable electricity, rooftop solar, home batteries, induction stoves, heat pumps, etc. We also provide personalized climate advice for employees at home.
We are looking to hire a Sales Director to join our team and report to the CEO. This will be the first sales hire and a key role on our team, defining and driving our B2B sales strategy. You will guide prospects and customers through the full sales cycle including research, outreach, discovery, and deal negotiation. You will be excited about growing with a startup, shaping this role, doing a lot of the work initially and building a team as we scale. You will be motivated to develop a new category of benefits and reach multiple B2B stakeholders, including benefits teams and sustainability leaders.
- Develop and own the company’s sales strategy in collaboration with the CEO and senior leadership.
- Guide prospects and customers across the full sales lifecycle including research and outreach, discovery and learning, value proposition development and contract/deal negotiation.
- Understand client needs and pain points and work closely with product, marketing and partnerships to deliver solutions through our product.
- Work closely with marketing to develop go-to-market strategies and sales materials.
- Develop sales goals and forecasts.
- Build out and maintain the prospect pipeline.
- Demonstrated B2B sales experience. Working with HR/Benefits or Sustainability teams is a plus.
- Proven performance over multiple years in B2B sales to corporations. Preferably in fast-moving, earlier-stage B2B Start-ups.
- You love working with people and have built long-lasting, trusted professional relationships.
- You are as comfortable working with Fortune 500 executives as you are with startup CEOs.
- You are a skillful and effective negotiator, create win-win deals, and know the ins and outs of effective contracting.
- You can clearly articulate value propositions and help simplify complex, technical or new content into concise, accessible communications.
- You are no stranger to CRMs like HubSpot and use them effectively, from pipeline management to dashboard usage.
- You are excited to be a part of addressing the climate crisis.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and embrace iterative processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $150,000 annually
- Health benefits
- Decarbonization benefit!
- Anywhere, we are a distributed company
How to apply
Send a note with your resume attached to email@example.com